Friday, April 20, 2012

Huck and Fin

Finley has truly amazed me. She has done so well since I had Huck. I was scared, like really, really scared! The first year and half of her life we lived on the other side of the country and the only people she was ever around was me, Jason, Tyler and Bella. She had never been away from me for more than a few hours until I had Huck which was hard on both of us. She is pretty much the biggest mama's girl around and that is why I was so nervous. I didn't want her to feel like we were replacing her or not spending enough time with her.

Last week she was pretty emotional. She is not a big crier, but she would cry about random things that she would never get upset about before. She did have some sort of fever virus for a few days and that did not help any. Jason played mister mom to her last week so I could get some rest and take care of the baby, but he had to go back to work on Monday. By Sunday night I was nervous about Jason going back and being here by myself all day long. Monday started off good, but Finley didn't get a nap and by 4:00 Monday afternoon I was about to get emotional myself. She went to bed at 6:30 that night and slept until 7:00 the next morning. She was still tired when she woke up, but not near as bad. Everyday has gotten better. She has had a nap everyday since Monday. She really loves Huck. When he cries she will come and ask if he is okay. She tells me everyday that Huck is her best friend. When she says that I just want to squeeze her! When he is asleep I spend time with her watching Dora or reading books. Of course, that means that I'm neglecting the house and it is starting to look pretty bad! I'm keeping it picked up, but things like vacuuming and mopping will probably not happen anytime soon.

I can't wait to see what kind of relationship they have as they get older. I really hope they are best friends and will always be close.



                                            Making the same face ;)
                                               Cutest sleep smile ever!
                                              Laying by her best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment