Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The last few days

Friday we did nothing. It was nice to not leave the house all day.

Saturday I was nursing Finley before her nap and she bit me... hard... I was bleeding! I was so shocked when she did it that I jerked back from her and then she looked up at me waved and said hey! She only has her two bottom teeth, but that would have hurt with just one tooth. The first thing that came to my mind was that it was time to wean her, but then I almost started crying thinking about it. I know she is getting older, but it's something we both still enjoy (minus the biting). I'm really hoping that she will just wean herself that way I will know that she is ready instead of me forcing her to quit. Right now I don't see that happening anytime soon. If you would have asked me a year ago if I would still be nursing her at almost 15 months I would have said no way! There were days when I didn't know if I could make it 6 months much less a year, but when she was around 4 months it just got really easy and has been great ever since then. Every other month I make a date when I'm going to start weaning, but then that date comes and goes and we are still going. Jason is really supportive and tells me to not stop until I'm ready. I was hoping to start trying for another baby really soon (like now), but I guess we will wait a little longer. I did some research and got some tips to keep her from biting again. We will see how it goes.

After the biting incident we went to the mall and then we had date night at Safeway.
                                                              Doing some shopping!

                                             Dancing in the bread/wine aisle to Inxs!!


Sunday we ate pizza and went to the park. Monday the kids went back to school. We had fun during spring break and it makes me excited about the summer. I love days when we can get up and stay in our pajamas all day and not have to worry about homework or soccer practice. Less than two months now!

I was also so wrong about Finley only needing one nap. We tried for a few days and it just wasn't time. I am back to getting her to sleep, because if I just lay her down she will not go to sleep. She doesn't cry but she will jump and talk and throw out her blanket and pappy out of her bed. She doesn't do that at night, only during the day.  It usually only takes her about 15 minutes to go to sleep so it's not too bad.

We spent this morning at the doctors office. I think Finley may have a UTI so they put a bag on her for an hour to try to and get a urine sample. Of course she didn't pee so they had to catheterize her to get a sample. She actually did better than I thought she would, but it broke my heart. We should have the results Thursday, but they gave her antibiotics to start today since she is doing the same as she did in December when she had a UTI. 
I always have a hard time deciding what to do when it comes to medicine and my kids. I didn't really want them to use a catheter because that could give her an infection that wasn't there to begin with, but since this might be her second UTI she could have kidney reflux they would want to do one anyway so I reluctantly agreed. I really don't like giving my kids medicine at all, but I'm going to start her on the antibiotics because I don't want her to hurt if she has an infection.

1 comment: