Monday, January 31, 2011

Finley's one year check up

I'm going to start off by saying that one of the worst things about moving is finding new doctors for everyone. I was nervous when we moved to Chandler because I had such good doctors in Birmingham, but I found an awesome pediatrician that was a mile from our house. She always listened and I never felt like she was rushing to get out. Their office was also brand new and it was always so nice and clean. Our pediatrician in Henderson was okay. The office always felt kind of dirty.  I was actually thinking about finding another until I found out we were moving and I just stayed there until we moved. 

So I took Finley today for her one year check-up. This was the first time to see this doctor since we just moved here. We were in the waiting room for 45 minutes which is always miserable for me. I know people think I'm a total jerk. I sit as far away from everyone as I possibly can because people just let their snotty kids go all over the place and touch everything and I don't won't Finley to get sick. If a kid walks over towards Fin I pick her up. I won't let her play with any of the toys. I swear I'm not a germaphobe (sp?) but I know that those kids that are dripping snot everywhere are sick! So then I was called back and they said the doctor is a little behind but she will be in soon. 45 minutes later she finally comes in. A little behind is like 15 or 20 minutes, NOT 90 minutes. On top of that she was rushed. I know that emergencies come up and they get behind and I'm not one to ask 5 million questions and try to keep they doctor for and hour, but I don't feel 10 minutes is that long since I had been there for almost 2 hours. Next time we go we will see a different doctor so hopefully it will be better. If not, I guess I will be searching for a new pediatrician again!

                                                          Waiting on the doctor :)

Okay, enough complaining! Finley weighed 20.6 pounds (40th percentile) and is 30 1/2 inches long (90th percentile).  

                                                                Blowing me a kiss. LOVE!

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way! We have been in Foley for over a year and I still have not found the right pediatrician for Matthew. I miss our doctors in Birmingham soooo much! Hope you find who is right for your family. I'm still looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay girls, what pediatrician did you guys use in Birmingham? I am just curious.

    ReplyDelete