Tuesday, June 7, 2011

See Jane Run

On Sunday I ran in the See Jane Run 5k with some of my friends from boot camp.

The morning started out pretty crappy. I woke up late, like 15 minutes before we had to leave late. Not a good way to prepare for a race! On top of that, it was raining and cold outside. The only thought going through my head was "Why did I sign up for this?!". It stopped raining by the time we got to Alameda, but it stayed cloudy which was nice because the sun was beating down on us.



 I have to say that this was my favorite 5K out of all the ones I have done. The weather was perfect, the view was awesome, the course was flat as a pancake, and I did much better than I thought I would.

                                     We ran right along the beach for most of the race!

My time was 34:01 and I was 396 out of 1262 participants. Not bad since I only ran once before the race. I forgot how good it feels to cross the finish line and I definitely plan to start doing 5k's more often.

 
  

                                                                Warming up


                                  After the race we got champagne, chocolate and a medal!


                              And Finley tasted sand for the first time, a BIG handful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment