Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Baby items we can't live without!

Since I know so many people that have either just had a baby or they are about to, I thought I would post our favorite baby items that we could not live without.

1. Pacifiers or as we call them at our house, pappys.
All of my kids have taken pacifiers and I honestly don't know what people do when their babies won't take one! My kids have all had strong sucking urges from day one. I even tried to wait to give Huck and Finley one because for some babies it can cause nipple confusion and I didn't want them interfering with breastfeeding, but they always knew the difference. We have used Mams for all the kids. They just seem to really like them and they have different sizes so as your baby grows you can buy bigger sizes if they want. 
 


2. Mobywrap
I have said since the first time I used it that it was the best $35 I ever spent! There are several different wraps that you can do, but when they are newborns and you can wrap them really close to you it calms them down almost instantly. Somedays it was the only way Huck would sleep. He is not one of those babies that will just ride in his car seat either, so anytime I was out I would wrap him and he would perfectly happy and usually fall asleep! I really wish I would have had one for Finley. Maybe she wouldn't have cried so much! Huck thinks he is too big for the Moby now and we have moved onto the ERGO carrier which I love too.



3. White noise machine
I know that babies sleep better when there is some noise in the background because it is so noisy in the womb, but for some reason I always just made sure it was quite when my babies were asleep. I bought a machine when I was pregnant with Huck and thought I would try it out. I have no idea if it helps him sleep better, but it is VERY loud at my house so it blocks out most of the noise. I have it on the rain setting and it is up as loud as it will go. This thing has been a life saver because without it I know he would probably be woken up everyday from the random screams and crashes that happen.

I got this one at Target for around $25 and it was most definitely worth it. Again, I wish I would have had it with Finley!
4. Baby swing
Finley did not like her swing and it was broken during one of our moves so I bought this one for Huck and he does a lot of his sleeping in it! The only thing I don't like about it is that it takes 4 D batteries and we go through them pretty quickly. I always make sure we have backups because somedays this is the only place he will sleep.  I'm worried about what we will do when he is to big for his swing!

I ordered this one form Wal-mart and it was $99.98.



I should probably write about things I wasted money on because I have several of those too!

No comments:

Post a Comment