Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Huck is 6 months old!

I'm a little late posting this, but better late than never!

Huck weighed 16 pounds and 4 ounces and was 27 inches long at his 6 month check-up.

He has been sitting up on his own for about a month now. He is so close to crawling. He gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth, but just can't figure out how to get started. He is army crawling and can get pretty much wherever he wants doing that. He is a huge mama's boy. If he doesn't see me he is fine, but once he does he fusses until I pick him up. He is even worse than Finley was and I didn't think that was possible. He HATES baby food. We just started last weekend, but so far he gags when I put it in his mouth. I think I may take a break for a week and then try again. He still nurses every 2-3 hours. He is still not sleeping well. Some nights are better than others, but most nights he wakes up at least once per hour. I read something the other day that said the fun kids don't sleep a lot!

We tell him all the time he is lucky he is so cute or we would throw him away! He is getting better and if he turns out to be as happy as Finley all the fussing will be worth it. He still likes to be worn a lot so he is in the Ergo several times a day. His "witching hour" is around 5 so I just put him in the Ergo and get done what needs to be done. 

I really need to go through his stuff and put away all the newborn things, but it is so hard. Every time I think about it I want to cry! There are days when I'm ready for him to be more independent and entertain himself and then there are days where I want him to go back to that little 8 pound baby with dark hair that was so very sweet.


 Now he takes a bath in the regular tub because he is to hard to hold onto in this one!
                                      Asleep in the ERGO!
                                            Best friends!



 He looks so guilty in this picture, like I caught him doing something he is not supposed to do!
                                                 Practicing crawling
                                             Delicious foot!




No comments:

Post a Comment