Thursday, February 21, 2013

Lakeshore Shootout and Mercedes Marathon Weekend

Tyler's team was invited to play in a soccer tournament last weekend. Since it was called the Lakeshore Shootout we thought it would be at the fields on Lakeshore Drive. Wrong! They played 3 out of the 4 games at soccerblast near Chelsea and then one game at Spain Park high school. It took 1 1/2 hours to get there on Friday afternoon. The game was supposed to start at 5:30 and the team got there at 5:25! They won that game and then got beat at their 8:30 game at Spain Park.

I didn't make it to the late game because I was running the Superhero 5K at 8 Saturday morning and Huck was ready for bed. It was cold, but I ran my best one yet at 29:04! I was really excited to be under 30 minutes!
 
Tyler had two games Saturday. They won one and lost one so they were 2 and 2 for the tournament. It was so cold Saturday! Luckily we were able to park where we could see the games from the car because it was just too cold to sit out there.

Bella had her last basketball game on Saturday too. Soccer practice starts next week and she is really looking forward to this season. 

We had to get up bright and early Sunday morning because Jason was running the Mercedes half marathon. It was 24 degrees when we got downtown! I bundled the kids up in the stroller and we looked at the fountains and walked around until Jason crossed the finish line. Finley loved the big fountain so we spent most of the time watching it.
Yes, he is fast! He finished better than he thought he would so he was happy with the results. I think he is planning on doing a 50K in May!




My next race is the Perseverance 5K in 2 weeks. Jason and the girls are going to run the 1 mile fun run. Finley is super excited, but I'm not so sure about Bella! Then after that I'm planning on doing a 10K in April. 

No comments:

Post a Comment