Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tyler's video awards

Tyler is taking video production at school. They get assigned projects and work in groups to make movies. They come up with the script, location, actors and everything else that you need in a movie.

Every year Danville has the Street Smarts Video Contest. Street Smarts is a traffic safety campaign used to teach kids how to be safe when walking or riding their bikes to school.

As one of Tyler's projects they had to make a video and submit it for the contest. Out of 80 videos Tyler's team got picked as one of the top 11.

We went to the awards ceremony a few weeks ago. They showed all the videos and then announced 1st and 2nd place. Tyler's video didn't win, but they got a $25 gift card for being in the top 11. I really thought their video was one of the best (and not just because I'm his mom!).

They are supposed to have the video's posted, but they don't yet so I will add it here when they are up. It's pretty good :)

I forgot my camera so all I had was my phone, but here is a picture of him receiving his certificate. He is the one in the middle.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Sounds like they do some pretty awesome projects out there!

    ReplyDelete