Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Huck at 2 weeks

Huck was 2 weeks old on Saturday. It feels like he has been here longer than 2 weeks, but maybe that is because I'm tired so the days last forever.

Finley and I took him to the doctor for his 2 week check up yesterday and he is doing great. He weighed 8 lbs 14 ozs and was 21 1/4 inches long. He has to go back in 3 weeks for another check up. Yesterday was also my first outing with just me and the 2 little ones. Finley seems to get older everyday and she did so well yesterday. She held onto to the stroller as we walked in the doctors office and she had to check on Huck the whole time we were there. She really loves him and has not shown any jealousy yet.

Huck is doing well with breastfeeding. The only problem is that he goes to fast and then sucks in a ton of air and then burps and spits up so of the milk. I don't know of a way to get him to slow down, but hopefully as he gets older he will learn that he doesn't have to go as fast. I think him going fast is better than Finley who would nurse for an hour on one side! Even as she got older she would nurse for a while.

He started fighting sleep when he was about a week old and that has been hard. If I don't get him to sleep before he gets over tired he will cry for 2 hours. He can cry really loud for such a little guy! I have no idea how many times he gets up at night because I don't remember in the morning, but I think it is about every two hours. Hopefully that will spread out to 3 hours soon.

Over all things have gone really well. I'm sure I will have days in the future that are horrible, but I have been able to get homework done and dinner cooked every night. A nap every couple of days would be nice, but I'm making it without one so I will continue on!



 Everyone always ask who he looks like and I have no idea. All my kids have the some of the same features, but they all look so different.

This Mobywrap is the best thing that I have bought! Huck sleeps in it for several hours everyday. If he gets fussy, I can put him in it and he will go to sleep usually within a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment