Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The boy

I just wanted to brag on Tyler for a minute. I don't talk about him much on here so I decided to dedicate a post to him. As you know, we have moved a lot in the past few years and while that is not easy on anyone, it's definitely not easy on someone his age. He spent 5th and 6th grade in Arizona, the first half of 7th grade in Las Vegas, and the second half in California.  He has made mostly all A's (a B had slipped in there twice) and has not got in any trouble at all three schools. He was also named Student of the Month at his school in Las Vegas. 

Tyler has also not changed at all. He is always just Tyler and doesn't worry about what other people think. He is a sweet kid that loves his family and I hope that those teenage hormones don't get him into too much trouble!

There have been times that I worried we might totally mess him up since we were still trying to figure out who we were when we had him, but we must be doing something right.

I'm so proud of him and feel so blessed that he is my son! 

He is still a Mama's boy (at least one of them is) and we have already made plans to live together at a retirement home!

                                                      My favorite picture of Tyler

2 comments:

  1. He is a great kid and you should be proud of him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! What an awesome son you have. And you are right, you are doing something right. I taught sixth grade for three years and if he hasn't changed from place to place he is very comfortable in his own skin, which is awesome!!! I wish all of my sixth graders could have been like that! Congrats on such awesome grades too!

    ReplyDelete