Tuesday, December 13, 2011

23 Months

I guess this will be the next to the last monthly post I will do on Finley. I can't believe she will be 2 years old a month from today! I want to cry thinking about how much she has grown and changed and there is no going back to her being a baby. Just in the past few days she seems to have matured. She is saying full sentences and asking questions. She is independent and wants to do things by herself. She will play in her room and keep herself entertained. She LOVES my iPhone and will sit by me and play games for 30 minutes or so. Bella and Finley have started playing together a little. Bella will get really frustrated because Finley won't do as she says, but at least they are not fighting all the time.

She had her first stomach virus or food poisoning on Sunday. I'm still not sure which it was because we all ate the same thing and none of us have been sick at all. It could just be that something didn't settle well with her stomach. She was feeling much better yesterday and I think she will be back to 100% today.

I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year. She still won't really understand what is going on, but I know she will enjoy opening presents. She loves looking at Christmas lights and rearranging ornaments on Christmas trees!

She is still a great eater and likes pretty much everything. She loves cabbage, collard greens and salad. Pretty much anything that Jason is eating she will eat. She really likes stuffed animals now and still loves reading books. She will come up to me out of the blue and give me a hug and say "I lot (love) you mommy"! It melts my heart! I just want to squeeze her when she does that.

Her life is going to change so much in the next few months and I'm going to cherish the next 3 1/2 months that we have before she becomes a big sister (and I'm crying as I write this!).


                                       Eating collard greens with Jason, yuck!!
                                                She loves playing on the stairs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment