Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Getting prepared

Now that Christmas and Finley's birthday are behind us, I've got to start getting ready for baby #4. I'm a total procrastinator when it comes to stuff like this because I always think that I have plenty of time. But then it sneaks up on me and I'm never prepared.

I need to go through boxes and pull out what I will need. I have boxes here in the garage and at my parents house in their garage so I'm sure it will be an all day event. 

I finally found the bedding that I want for his room. It's from Pottery Barn Kids and the best part is that they have it packaged with just the quilt, sheet, and crib skirt. Since you are not supposed to use bumper pads anymore there is no point in buying them and then throwing them in the closet. The wall color in his room will be grey so I'm hoping to find some cute pictures to brighten up the room. 


When did strollers become so expensive??? There are all kinds of "designer" strollers that cost well over $1000!
I'm looking for a double stroller that has two seats because Finley can't do the Sit-N-Stand thing. She would never stay in there so I have to strap her in. I also want a tandem stroller so it is not so wide. I was going to go with a Chicco, but you have to have a Chicco car seat. Since I have a Graco car seat that is only two years old I don't want to buy a new one. I found the Contours Options Tandem II stroller that looks promising. The only thing that worries me is I've seen people complain that the front seat is not long enough for their toddlers. Finley is tall so I'm going to have to check it out and see how she fits. I really like the red and black one better, but I think this one will look better with our brown paisley car seat. What do you think?


I've also been looking at carriers. I think I have decided on the ERGObaby baby carrier. They are a little pricey, but I have heard great things about them. I love this grey one!
I've always had a sound monitor (I'm actually still using the one I got when I was pregnant with Tyler!), but I'm thinking about upgrading this time and getting a video monitor. I can't find one that everyone agrees is the best so I think I may just go with this one.


I've already bought a Nap Nanny, but I have to get a new cover for it since the current one is hot pink! I should probably start buying some clothes too since all I have is Finley's girly clothes.  Any suggestions on must have baby items?

No comments:

Post a Comment