Friday, January 13, 2012

Finley is TWO!

Today, on Friday the 13th, is Finley's second birthday along with several other people we know including my mother-in-law! We have been talking her birthday up the last few days and she is really excited about drinking coke and eating cake. I think Bella must have told here about that or something because I have no idea where that came from. We are doing a Dora party since she is her favorite. Hopefully she will want to open presents tomorrow at her party. She got pretty tired of doing that at Christmas.

She still loves playing in her room and outside. She is talking more and more and I think she may be getting a tad bit bossy! She still loves her pappy (pacifier) and I have no plans to take it away from her anytime soon. It will be hard enough for her when the new baby gets here so I want her to have something that comforts her. Plus, Tyler and Bella were both older when we got rid of their pacifiers. The same goes for potty training. I think I may buy a potty and have it here so she can see it and use it if she wants, but I'm not pushing it right now. I really don't want two in diapers, but that is better than cleaning pee and poop out of panties!


We are still having trouble with naps. I will put her in her bed around 11:30 and she will stay there for at least an hour and play and jump and sing and throw everything out of her bed. I will get her up and let her play, but then when we go get Tyler and Bella from school she will fall asleep and sleep for about an hour in the car. She did take a nap yesterday and that was the first one in a week. Hopefully it is a phase and she will get back into her normal routine soon (I hope!).

The last two years have gone by extremely fast and I keep thinking that there is no way that she is already two. I know as I get older the years go by faster and faster and that is a little scary. It makes me not want to miss one second with my kids because I know that I will turn around and they will be grown. I'm really trying to figure out a way to slow time down. Has anyone figured that out yet??


She has blessed our family with so much joy and laughter. She definitely keeps us on our toes, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I honestly can't imagine life without her. Did we even have a life before her?

I'm really looking forward to the next year with her. I can't wait to see how she grows and changes. She is already so animated and funny. I can't wait to see what she does next.

Here are a few pictures from the last month.

                                                   Playing outside
                                                  Relaxing after her bath
                                                      Drinking ketchup
                                           After she ate spaghetti ;)
                                              Cutest ponytail ever!
                                           Eating pancakes this morning
                                                Playing with her new piano

No comments:

Post a Comment